With a Fire Sprinkler:
- The water extinguishes or contains any fire
- The closest sprinkler to the fire will be activated
- Surrounding rooms will be protected from the fire, smoke damage and heat
- Residents in the house or building will have enough time to safely escape
Without a Fire Sprinkler:
- Toxic gasses and heat will begin to spread from one room to the next
- It takes about three minutes, the fire can become deadly
- The flames continue to grow and spread
- Flashover occurs and the gasses and consumable materials then burst into flames
Usually, the fire department will arrive at your home nine to twelve minutes after you call them about a fire. By this time, the firefighters will need to make use of their high-pressure hoses; these hoses apply water at 125 gallons per minute. Unfortunately, sometimes the home will be lost and the family displaced.
Fire sprinklers are known to work quickly and effectively. Often they will work fast enough that the fire get put out before the fire department even arrives.
A Fire Sprinkler System Should Be a Selling Point for a Home
We should be promoting the benefits that a fire sprinkler offers in a home just as we would promote a customized kitchen, master suite, central air or a security system. A fire sprinkler system should be right at the top of your “must have” list when purchasing a home. Look for fire sprinklers in your home listing materials, open houses, advertising, virtual tours and other presentations.
If you have any questions about fire sprinklers, fire pumps, fire hydrants, foam systems and more, contact your local fire department or a trusted fire sprinkler contractor such a Machantra Engineering where the fire sprinkler designers have some thirty years of experience within the fire industry. The systems offered at Mackantra Engineering are varied and tailor made to suite the risk at hand. For more information on our systems and services, contact us on 011 794 2285 or visit our website on www.mackantra.co.za