ABOUT OUR FIRE PROTECTION COMPANY
CONCEPTUAL DESIGN AND FEASIBILITY ESTIMATIONS
- Compilation of high level fire risk assessment
- High level conceptual designs of fire equipment and fire alarm systems to reduce all fire risks to acceptable levels
- Compilation of the high level estimate of full turnkey scope of works in achieving final implementation and handing over.
DESIGN AND ENGINEERING
- Our Experienced design and engineering office is fully converse with the SANS, ASIB, FM and NFPA codes of practice.
- Full hydraulically calculated water and foam type fire sprinklers and fire deluge systems.
- Full design of electronic fire detection and early warning systems namely in offices, specialised areas i.e. substations and switchgear rooms, underground mining operations and specialised rooms.
- Full hydraulic calculated gas suppression systems utilising inert gases.
At Mackantra Engineering our designers have some thirty years of experience within the fire industry.
Hydraulic calculation software specifically developed for the fire industry is used to design the most suitable fire system for our clients, whether it is working to a project budget in order to meet minimum statutory requirements or for extended asset protection as may be required by insurance companies.
The systems at Mackantra Engineering are varied and tailor made to suite the risk at hand. They fall typically into the following categories: High velocity water spray systems, Medium velocity water spray systems, Sprinkler systems, Foam sprinklers, Bund foam pouring systems, Tank top foam pouring systems, Inert gas fire protection systems, various detection and fire alarm systems, remote monitoring, stand-alone dedicated fire pump systems and various auxiliary hand operated mobile and fixed firefighting devices.
SUPPLY AND FABRICATION
- Procurement and supply of imported specialised fire equipment
- Supply and delivery of all types of fire alarms and other equipment
- Fabrication of fire systems piping in accordance to all specifications for the mining and processing
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND INSTALLATION
- Full project management and turn key operations in the construction and installation of mechanical fire sprinklers, water suppression systems, electronic detection and gas suppression systems.
- Our projects construction crew boasts senior experienced project managers, construction managements and
supervisors that have successfully completed projects all over South Africa and most of Sub-Saharan African
- All installation crews are or work under trained certified fire technicians.
SERVICE, MAINTENANCE AND TRAINING
- Service and maintenance of existing systems and efficiency testing.
- Training is essential not only in compliance but in social development. Our services include the training of operations of fire and early warning services
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
SPECISLISTS SERVICE AREAS AND INDUSTRY
We offer fire solutions for a diverse range of risks and assets:
Our project management members are fully conversant with project planning, critical path analysis, tracking, the production of S curves, the use of cash flow envelopes, the generation of forecast rate of invoicing, the generation of progress reports, contract reconciliations etc.
QUALITY, SAFETY AND ENVIROMENTAL MANAGEMENT
Our document, drawing, safety and environmental management are based on the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001: 2004 management systems respectively.
We consider the safety of our personnel and of others to be of the utmost importance, special attention is given in this regard. We have a policy of zero tolerance with regard to unsafe conduct, acts, practices or equipment. All statutory appointments, site specific inductions and any specialized training which may apply to a specific site, fire risk assessments and method statements are executed prior to the commencement of any works without exception.
We have successfully completed projects with:
- Anglo Platinum
- Anglo Gold
- Ashanti Hatch Africa
- Assmang DRA – Mining and Minerals
- Harmony Gold
- Lonmin Platinum
- Bateman Engineering
- Rio Tinto
- BHP-Billiton Sasol
- De Beers South African
- Air Force
- TENOVA TAKRAF
- KUSILE POWER STATION – Coal Stockyard Fire Protection – Est. R 10 million
- DRA – BRPM Platinum Mine – Underground Fire Detection & Protection – Est R 9 Million
- ESKOM POWER STATIONS – Automatic Fire Detection & Protection – Est R 12 million (Letabo, Majuba, Kendal)
- RSV – Lonmin Mine Underground Fire Protection – Est R 4 million
- DRA – PMC Plant and Conveyor Protection – Est. R 1 million
Sub Saharan Africa
- LUBAMBE Copper Mine (ZAMBIA) – Phase 2 Underground upgrade – Est. R 4million
- DRA – KIBALI GOLD MINE (DRC) – Tank Farm and Substation Fire Protection – Est R 6 million
- DRA – KONKOLA Copper Mine (ZAMBIA) – Phase 1 complete Plant and Mine Protection – Est R 28 million
- DEBSWANA – Jwaneng Diamonds Stores Protection – Est R 2 million
- FLOUR-DEBSWANA – Jwaneng Diamonds CUT 8 Project – Est. R 8 million